Your picking up a theme here? That’s right; end of the year and its time to make sure this time next year you have completed your goals for 2009. Here are strategies to make your success more likely:
- Keep your eye on the end result. Whatever your goal is, make sure you can see it, taste it, feel it, hear it. Make sure you can articulate it, really, really well. The more real it becomes for you the more likely it is you will make it a reality.
- Break your goal into steps. Regardless of how long it will take to meet your goal, break it down into bite size steps along the way. This will give you more chances to recognize your success and celebrate.
- Write the goal(s) down. Write it or them as clearly and concisely as possible making sure they meet the SMART criteria of specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time limited.
- Get your intention to level 10 on a scale of 1 – 10 (with 1 the lowest level). If your intention is not up at the 10 level, you may be inclined to give up or back away from your goal everytime you meet with adversity. What does it take to get to level 10? You decide. Often it includes getting support and help to keep you accountable to yourself e.g. a coach. It might be sharing your goal with a boss or friend who will help to keep you accountable.
- Celebrate your successes! Everytime you meet a milestone, celebrate. You are on your path to success.